One day workshop on eating disorders
Who should attend: Carers, Service Users, Health and Social Care, Professionals and Commissioners.
- To work collaboratively with carers and professionals to improve the outcome of those suffering with an eating disorder.
- To provide a skills-based programme designed to help carers when supporting someone with an eating disorder.
- To help carers develop new skills which can be practised in a controlled and safe environment. The skills would be based on motivational principles that can be applied to any challenging situation.
- To work towards positive change and better joint working through good communication skills.
- Introduction to the caring model
- Identifying what type of carer you are
- Good listening skills
- Committing to change